Monday, May 13, 2013

Day 9: Sunday or should I Say FUNday!



Today’s AM barn was a little hard to wake up to, but I made it there. Our barn head allowed us to part take in a Sunday AM Barn Tradition: Drink the fresh milk straight from the tank. We all took a sip.

The Milk was totally different from the milk you get from the grocery store. It was naturally sweet and creamy, and that milky taste was subtle as first but later had that aftertaste of milk.

Since there were no classes and nothing to do, I did my home Sunday tradition: GO BACK TO SLEEP!

Boy, was it good. I really needed it. It’s just as draining as Benedict’s.

BRUNCH

When I finally re-awoke, I headed to brunch, I had eggs, sausage and everything bagel along with some pineapple.

Then I got a message to jam with Juno.

JAMIN’
I jammed Juno: our normal groove me on guitar, he on drums. Then we wanted to play outside so we both grabbed some acoustic guitars. And jammed outside, we listened to each other tracks. He actually has a few songs done and be believes that is track may hit the main stream this up coming summer.

We jammed until it was time for me to go to Brattleboro for a thrift Shop event.

THRIFTING IN BRATTLEBORO

Only three of us showed up, Julie, Sam and I, to this event; so Kat just took us anyway to got thrifting and hang around the town.

We went to only thrift shop that was open. We didn’t get anything however due to the prices being too high. But I was able to get this three-string sitar-sounding guitar like instrument. I was luckily able to bargain for 10% off.

We walked al around town stopping at stores along the way, slowing getting some snacks and consuming them as we go.

We stopped to eat at a Thai restaurant; we shared a mango sticky rice that tasted simply divine.

We stopped by the river and I took some really nice shots, then we met up with Kat again and we went back to the bus and then left, but not before we made last stop as a local super market.

DIVERSITY COOKOUT

Right when I came back it was time for the diversity cookout with the diversity club. We went to the house of adult who was in charge of diversity. We were fully in charge of everything.

Jonathan, a senior who I was in the same dorm with, cooked all the food, and couple of Senior girls prepared everything else.  We played some soccer and catch with the dog, Cleo.

After we finished eating we migrated inside and played Halo Reach, while trying to do the Oreo challenge. The Oreo challenge is too weird to explain it can be learned really.

Throughout the entire day I jammed in my new instrument soon to be named. It was I great way to end the week.

P.S. Happy Mother’s Day MOM!

2 comments:

  1. That 3 strings guitar looks like it should be named aly...it's unusual ......yet beautiful in its own way ......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dakota, thanks for keeping us "posted" on your continuing adventures. The rest of your life is going to feel pretty boring after these two weeks!

    ReplyDelete