Sunday, May 12, 2013

Day 8: Chapter 3: Community Work Day



Today I still had to get up for AM.  It’s pretty had after a Friday but I got it done.

Luckily there were no classes today because it was a community workday.

WORK DAY

We all got put into groups and set off into the town, to work for money of which all income goes back into the school.

I was put into group 3, along another guy in my dorm, another junior and two senior girls.

We worked for two Putney alumni, so we got lots of good Putney stories.

Our jobs were to clear the property of small trees and weeds, so they can landscape. The thing is it was on the side of the hill that means, we must work by hand and/or with clippers.

We actually got the hang of it and we were able to get a lot of progress done. I even got so good I got the Title Dakota the Death of Sticks. I even took out a bug stump, a really prickly and thorny red small bush, along with the main root of it. I called it Death on the stick.

But the house had an amazing view and the property was beautiful as well. They even baked us fresh apple pies with farm fresh ice cream and pomegranate drinks.

MOVIE NIGHT

Later on we were all shuttled to Brattleboro to the local movie theater to see any movie we wished.

Most of us ended up just going to see Iron Man 3, which includes me.

The movie was really awesome and apparently the group of people who I was sitting with happened to be huge fangirls for Iron Man, and there was a lot of energy, commentary, and out right “Fangirl Nerdgasm.”

Afterwards we went to go get milk shakes in a near by restaurant and just walked around a bit before heading back to the bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment