Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Day 12: Out of the Comfort Zone, Now!



Today was harder to get to AM Barn. But I got there. There was a newborn Calf so I go to clean its pen, full of blood and a huge placenta. It was a bit gross but being with the calf was worth it.

CLASSES

Today in Music Intensive me and the other student was giving a small performance of what we were working on thus for in the term.

I’m actually in the same dorm with this guy, Isaiah, as well as my side project Putney Band, Two-Day Exchange. He plays many instruments like guitar, bass, piano, etc.

In my Putney Band he plays bass, and sometimes guitar. However in music intensive he is working on his piano skills, mainly to read music and sight-read. Both of which is very hard, speaking from experience.

As great as a musician as he is it is still very hard for him to sight read especially in time, but he did all right and was able to do it.

Then came my turn.

First I showed them what I worked on with Draa, the scales and what not. Then I plugged in my phone and played along with the cover song I learnt while in this class.

Lastly I preformed my song, which I somewhat finished.

I preformed it and sang the lyrics, along with the disclaimer that I can’t sing. However they didn’t mind.

Isaiah really liked the chords I used, and James, the Music Director, liked it as well, his only criticism was that the rhythm sometimes gets messed up, and he says it’s probably because you’re singing and play. He was right, too.

AFTER CLASS

I Ultimate Frisbee again, we did another scrimmage and used different strategies to get us ready to the tournament tomorrow. I’m going however, chose not to go because I have guitar lessons at the same time as well as let someone else who wants t play and can play, be able to play.

DINNER
Tonight we had lamb, and to those who me, lamb is my favorite type of meat. For the first time here I actually went up for seconds at dinner. Boy, do I love me some lamb!

JAZZ COMBO

We jammed out tonight again, we focused on the song we worked on last week, then a song we worked on way earlier last week as well.

The Teacher gave me a mike and asked me to sing the lyrics/melody of the song. I did of course, and even did little jazz like intros to each soloist.

Our Teacher even scatted along with us.

Luckily, for the first time I was able to sleep before 11/12 PM.

No comments:

Post a Comment