Saturday, May 4, 2013

Day 1: Chapter 1 the Story has begun.

  -->
First Day and wow!

When I finally arrived at Putney School I was greeted to play at their open mic like event, of which I did.
I played with a band that had already had a song prepared. So for me we did an improv of me and their lead guitarist soloing over some nice rocky blues. First I just had a little jam with them. Then we met again 3 hours later to do the show.

MEANWHILE

I was given into the care of a couple senior girls of the school. They showed me around, and I continuously met people from Jersey, as if we have this weird magnetic pull.

I went to the girl’s dorm, and into one of the senior’s room who I was being looked after. We played some random board game and talked more and met some more people.

Soon the show was about to start and we headed over. There I met another guy who invited to play with their jazz combo that same night. I accepted and he gave me a chord sheet and allotted me a 32 bar solo.

AT THE SHOW

The band was up first and they did an awesome cover of Crazy Train. After I went back stage and waited for my signal. He gave me the nod and I strolled across stage and plugged in while being greeted by loud thunderous applause.

Bassist and drummer created a sweet groove and the lead guitarist began to comp under my solo. I went all out and did all that I could with just distortion, reverb and a hollow body. With each passing phase I got applause. The Lead guitarist and I switched off, one soloed and the other comping and vice versa.

The people who knew me screamed my name, several times, which gained me a somewhat, rock star status on my first day!

I stayed on stage and then began my performance with the jazz combo. It was just a pianist, trumpeter, bassist and drummer, plus I. 

I jazz comped and was given the signal to solo.

In the end it was a great performance and people loved it.

Because there was a theme, for stars (celestial bodies) and stars (celebrates), other students thought I went all out and did an awesome LMFAO member.

Then it all ended with a night, stargazing on rooftop, with the same girls who looked after during the day.
This was the first time I was ever able to star gaze and it was amazing. 

I think Fr. Al was right; I might not want to come back.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, sounds like you're already having a great time, and you haven't even started school with them yet! Enjoy yourself! By the way, nicely written blog entry. I might just enter it into the Kayrix magazine, but you need to send me an accompanying photo. I'm sure someone at the Open Mic night took a photo. Find that photo, Dakota! - DLang

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dakota: I found that photo of you at the Putney Open Mic night. You should post that photo with this blog entry. -DL

    ReplyDelete