Tuesday, May 14, 2013

DAY 11: Chapter 4: Week Two Let’s Go!



Today on my way to AM Barn I was finally able to see the sun rise through the mountains. It was a beautiful sight to see. The layer of milky rows of cloud atop of a rich trans-orange peeking through the spaces between maintains.

Today’s music intensive was very productive, was able to write a song (with lyrics) and work on some of the things Draa, the guitar teacher, thought me.

AFTER CLASS

After classes I had wilderness skills again. We went out on the trails then into the woods to where the class had made fire rings before and destroy each one and leave no trace.

But before we destroyed them, each team gave reasons why they chose that spot to make it as well as why did they make theirs in the way that they did, as in using on big flat rock to old the fire instead of using the ground, etc.

I was able to head back to my dorm and catch some sleep and wake up in time for dinner.

After dinner I jammed with Juno again as well as get some time in with my Putney Band, The Two-Day Exchange.

We’re going to play Friday and we’re going to play a three song set which includes King for a Day by Green Day and Hey Joe by Jimi Hendrix.

SONGWRITTING

This is my last songwriting session here at Putney, and I want to show them that I got something done.

I worked on and developed the lyric for the song I made earlier in music intensive. I played the chords to another person I have AM barn with as well as song writing. She loved it. Then I went off and wrote down the lyrics.

At the end we all met again and I preformed what I had so far for the teacher. He actually quite enjoyed it.

Later that night ion dorm jobs after I finished cleaning to common room; we had a special dorm snack treat.

It was Mini ice scream sandwiches, the good kind too. A great way to end the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment