Friday, May 10, 2013

Day 6: Pizza Night!?



Today I finally shoveled poop in AM barn but it wasn’t too bad. The best part of AM barn is that, there’s a radio in the between the corridors of milking stalls, and all they play is classic rock my favorite to listen in the morning. It really gets me in the mood to get stuff done.

CLASSES
I started off with English three, we were in groups of three and one group of two, we were gathering notes and ideas for a philosophical question and use and relative themes and concepts from Watchmen the Graphic novel, philosophers, and philosophies.

I was in the group of two with another girl, Emma, we used Google docs to accumulate our thoughts and really brainstorm our ideas. We came up with many concepts and decided that our philosophical question be based on ethics and humanity, does humanity play a role in ethics? Should it?

Then I had Comp Religions again we looked at an article in the New York Times about the unknown yet awesome lives of Catholic Priests, brothers and Nuns along with all the good things that they do, while contrasting it to the normal way society mainly non Catholics perceive and criticize it.

Afterwards I had music intensive, where I had another lesson with Draa (pronounced dr-ey) the guitar teacher. We work on the modes again as well as full on music theory. He said by the end of this lesson you’ll be ready to commit a couple of homicides.

He was right it was insane yet intense, but I faced it head on, with eager. We work on how to harmonize scales and arpeggios over chord changes. For Dr. Fetcher’s pleasure we worked on a more jazzy way of harmonization, so get those solo sections ready Doc!

JAMMIN’ & JAZZ

Then during conference block I had a nice jam with a drummer named Juno. We just kept changing up on rocky grooves where I’d play a rhythm then solo and repeat and I stop and did harmonics and allowed him some awesome drum solos. This guy plays great, he never played drums before anyone at the school and he wants to make his real debut with me. We’re going to play for assembly next week.

Because it’s Thursday, I have Jazz combo again. We listened to a record and tried to play the melody of each of our instruments, then linking up with it. Then once we got the melody we each switched off in fourths. It was extremely hard but so very fun. We learning to play off of pure music, our click track was the peeps of nature in the background.

They also want me to play for assemble so we worked on a really great song to play. Thanks to Dr. Fletcher and our jazz band I will able to remember the jazz chords and play them. I was only one holding the chords for the song so it’s really good that I can play them well. Also, Doc was right a real Jazz Guitar Lead Sheet really doesn’t show any tabs at all. Luckily the chords were ones I used often so I remembered them.

PIZZA NIGHT

As I arrived at my Dorm after Jazz Combo, two student was also returning, each with a full pie of pizza. I asked what was that about, they told me that every Thursday is Pizza night were the students buy pizza and sodas from the school at a very low price. These pizzas were costumed ordered and they had really great options.

I had to walk all the way but up to the KDU (Their café/mess hall). I only wanted two slices and a soda, and a brought a soda for another student in the dorm because he allowed me to use his student account to get the pizza.

I ended up getting one Hawaiian slice (pineapple and ham) and one mushroom and onions with a Pepsi.

1 comment:

  1. Lol,some veggie intake,Avery and Gracie sends their love and kisses you way

    ReplyDelete